zplacehead1

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Shameless: The Complete First Season on DVD/Blu-Ray - Season 2 is Happening NOW!

Photobucket


Throughout the 1st Season, we see a lot of hardship but it usually ends with a twist of humor and close family ties. At the end of Season 1, we find Steve trying to convince Fiona, the oldest daughter, to skip town with him to the warm and beautiful/care-free Costa Rica. This kind of lifestyle would surely be a great change for Fiona, but after initially deciding to go with Steve, she changes her mind and stays with the hard yet humorous, family-oriented life. If you were in her situation, what would you do? Would you leave your 'no collar' Shameless life but abandon your family to start anew? Or would you let your love and a chance at renewal slip away? Describe and relate back to Season 1.

I can totally relate to the situation, however, my family doesn't suffer from alcoholism, but my dad was our bread maker until I was 15. He was the skilled worker in our house, until he was hurt at work, then deemed disabled. It took him several years to get all that straightened out. When he was first hurt, my mom was not really a working mom. She really thought hey, he will get a settlement and we will be ok, well that settlement took YEARS. I remember being in high school and coming home to no telephone. The next week, no gas, which is was warm out, but we had a gas stove/oven. So I went out and got 2 jobs and finished high school, taking care of my family. My dad, mom, brother, and myself lived a meager life, but everything was taken care of, sure, we didn't have extravagant novelties but at least the bills were paid and we had food.

I can remember thinking, man why can't I be like my other friends and go out and have fun. However, I look at myself now, and my friends now, and really, I am the most responsible, and yet cleverly productive one out of most of them. Not putting them down, or anything, please don't misunderstand that statement, I simply mean, they will complain about situations, especially financially, that they really could make better. I will always look for a way to make things happen, as they will hope someone will make it happen for them. I was so happy to move away to my own place and etc... However, my mom had her heart attack, the triple bi-pass, and now they need help. My dad was already disabled, and mom became the bread maker when I left and started my own life, college, then my own family. Now she is unable to take care of the finances as she had. I find myself wishing I could be there again to help.

I think Fiona has the same kind of feelings toward her situation. She wants desperately to help her family and take care of things, but also at the same time wants satisfaction and meaning in her own life. I get it, I really do! I think that even when things are bad you tend to make them humorous, or lighter than they really are, when you sit back and look at it, you really will miss those things in your life. As much as you think that is not what you want, you will miss it. Thinking back at what has already happened to Fiona with her family, I am sure she would be lost without her rowdy family. I agree with her for staying, and commend her for it.

Check out this clip:

Shameless - 'We Have a Proposition' by thewbdotcom


For Shameless Season 2 tune in is on Sundays 9PM ET/PT on Showtime.

You can order your Season 1 here:
DVD: http://bit.ly/unesOb
Blu-ray: http://bit.ly/sp5VxA

**Disclosure: I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote Shameless Season One on DVD.

No comments:

Swagbucks

Z's Favorite Blogs!

Closer To Lucy photo SATS-Blog-Button-11_zps5ed0c803.jpgPhotobucket

Freebies 4 MomOurKidsMomMommy Kat and Kids photo 1239900_569272913108280_282356913_a_zps18506370.png

Enza's bargains

Free Samples, Free Stuff and Other Freebies Daily photo f04205b1-8d86-4166-9e82-3cf687946138_zps01aaf775.jpg