zplacehead1

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoption -November is National Adoption Month

Photobucket


I really felt I should do a post about this. If you know me, even a little, and have followed for a while, you know I love charity and anything I can do to help I do. November is National Adoption Month and National Adoption Day is November 19, 2011.

From the Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoption site.
National Adoption Day – November 19, 2011
On this day during National Adoption Awareness Month, judges across the country make it a priority to finalize pending foster care adoptions. In 2010, 4,500 children were adopted and supporters hosted over 350 events to celebrate the spirit of this special day. National Adoption Day is held each year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We’re honored to be a lead founding and funding partner of this coalition, which also includes Freddie Mac Foundation, Children’s Action Network, The Alliance for Children’s Rights and Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute.

For more information, visit nationaladoptionday.org.

I had signed up for the "Wendy Mail" whenever I entered a sweepstakes, and just decided to keep getting it. It is not like a daily annoyance, but sometimes there is some information in there about upcoming events, sales, or even more sweepstakes in WendyMail. I received this in a WendyMail about a week ago but have been super busy! I thought it was interesting to read:

Photobucket


You can read more about the different programs from The Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoption here. If you want to make a donation, you can do so here!

I think I may keep them in mind for a donation in the future, I really had not known about it before, so I will add them to my charity raises for next year. I will probably do something to raise money to send in for November. This is a good cause I believe. Thanks for reading, have a great week as we start Monday tomorrow!

**Disclosure: This post is intended for information purposes. No compensation was received for this post.

No comments:

Swagbucks

Z's Favorite Blogs!

Closer To Lucy photo SATS-Blog-Button-11_zps5ed0c803.jpgPhotobucket

Freebies 4 MomOurKidsMomMommy Kat and Kids photo 1239900_569272913108280_282356913_a_zps18506370.png

Enza's bargains

Free Samples, Free Stuff and Other Freebies Daily photo f04205b1-8d86-4166-9e82-3cf687946138_zps01aaf775.jpg