zplacehead1

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How to Start a New Blog or Web Site‏.

I would like to say that starting this blog was a journey all in itself. I thought from all the computer classes I had taken in college, it would be a breeze. However, when I took those classes, Flash, Shockwave, and Java were very NEW. We learned the basics of HTML text links, and I never really did grasp the image source codes, that I still struggle with in my posts. I learn more and more everyday about coding and hosting.

I think I had a rough time starting my blog and continuing to keep up with it because of all the components involved. The social media aspect, getting followers, posting, coding, and all the time invested is far more than I ever thought it would be, BUT I love it! I also had a hard time starting out with just finding something to blog about, so I was sure to find some networks that have campaigns available to help me with things to post, like sweepstakes, promotions, and just information about new services. Please feel free to send any and all questions my way, I will definitely give you the scoop on what I have learned.

It has been a great learning experience on HTML coding and making all the jiggerbish, as I call it, into something great. I love when I get to the end of a post, and click that preview button and see how excellent the work I have done looks. There is a lot to understand also, about hosting, the type of server you have (dedicated server or a shared server). I, however, have a shared server, Blogger shares it's servers with many users, while dedicated or managed host servers are solely for your purposes only. A dedicated server allows full control over the server, including choice of operating system, hardware, etc. This is a choice you need to make based on your type of website or blog. I would definitely recommend researching your options before you start!

**Disclaimer:
I am participating in a blogger campaign in behalf of The Small Business Authority, which provides dedicated server hosting. I received compensation to facilitate this post. However, the views and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm your newest follower from the Alexa hop!
Kristen from http://wishfulthinking247.blogspot.com/

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

Starting a lot takes a lot of work! But i love it!

following you back from the hop!
http://mommyhastowork.com

Swagbucks

Z's Favorite Blogs!

Closer To Lucy photo SATS-Blog-Button-11_zps5ed0c803.jpgPhotobucket

Freebies 4 MomOurKidsMomMommy Kat and Kids photo 1239900_569272913108280_282356913_a_zps18506370.png

Enza's bargains

Free Samples, Free Stuff and Other Freebies Daily photo f04205b1-8d86-4166-9e82-3cf687946138_zps01aaf775.jpg