zplacehead1

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Information on Attorneys, how to choose one, and what you should know first.

Some of you may never need an attorney for any reason, however, some of us need on for lots of reasons. There are many type of attorneys, make sure you choose one that specializes in the type of law you need. I needed an attorney for a custody battle over my son, and had retained her for a little over 2 years, costing me $40,000 and putting me into bankruptcy. I then had become my own attorney for the Family Courts, since I had no funds to move forward with my attorney. So I spent many, many hours in the Law Library in my local Court House. I then found myself needing a totally different attorney for my bankruptcy, a friend had recommended him to me and he is wonderful. Law is a very difficult thing to understand, which is why I say make sure you find an attorney with the specific qualifications you for your legal needs.

Bankruptcy is a legal status of a person or an organisation that cannot repay the debts it owes to its creditors (As stated by Wikipedia). These financial situations can happen to anyone at any time in any place. From New York lawyers to New Orleans lawyers, bankruptcy is all around, especially with the economy's current state. There are several forms of bankruptcy, so you will want to consult with your attorney about which is right for you. The state in which you live also will contribute to the type of filing you need to submit, every state is different, but there are Federal bankruptcy laws also, so do your research and be ready for your consultation with an attorney, have your questions ready, written down, and in detail to get everything covered, and make sure you understand what is being stated to you, (I always say they only stupid question is the one that was never asked) you need to be on the same page with the attorney.

Now with all said and done, I won my custody battle for my son, my fiancée is adopting him when we marry this year. As far as the bankruptcy, I am finishing that up right now, but just so everyone knows, student loans can not be dismissed! They stay with you forever, well in Pennsylvania they do, and you can usually work with most student loan companies. My bankruptcy attorney has been wonderful and just full of help for working with the companies I am settling debts with.

**Disclaimer: I am participating in a blogger campaign in behalf of Lincoln Law, California bankruptcy attorneys, through KirkpatrickandAssociates.com I received compensation to facilitate this post. However, the views and opinions are my own.

3 comments:

A Helicopter Mom said...

That's very interesting. I pray I'll never need one, but it's nice to know how to find one if I do!

I'm a new follower on GFC and dropping by with my sparkly little Alexa toolbar. I'd love it if you'd drop by A Helicopter Mom with yours and follow me back!

Have a great day! :)
Mickey
A Helicopter Mom

Our Family World said...

Thank you for linking up to Alexa Hop, New GFC follower

Sam said...

Thanks for sharing this information about this through your bankruptcy blog site.It was very helpful to me.Thanks a lot for this.

Swagbucks

Z's Favorite Blogs!

Closer To Lucy photo SATS-Blog-Button-11_zps5ed0c803.jpgPhotobucket

Freebies 4 MomOurKidsMomMommy Kat and Kids photo 1239900_569272913108280_282356913_a_zps18506370.png

Enza's bargains

Free Samples, Free Stuff and Other Freebies Daily photo f04205b1-8d86-4166-9e82-3cf687946138_zps01aaf775.jpg