zplacehead1

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weirder Than Marshmallows Book of Essays by Dan Fogg Review

Photobucket


Introduction from Daniel:

Ignorance, lack of common sense, and downright inhuman stupidity run rampant in this country and around the world. I watch people, and I hear stories, and they beg, beg, beg to be mocked and ridiculed.

Weirder Than Marshmallows showcases tales of stupidity and ignorance in the hopes of making people laugh. Stories are divided into five categories.

Do Not Stop on Tracks showcases warnings that should never have to be warned.
En Masse contains stories of mass ignorance.

Technology Sucks explores the hazards of the technological age.
That’s Just Freaky features Twilight Zone like tales of paranormality.

Weird Stuff is stuff that is… well, weird.

All the stories on the site are true. That’s what makes the concept attention grabbing. Anybody can make up strange stories, writers do it all the time. That’s why people love Stephen King, his stories are downright weird.

But these are real, they actually happened, to relatively normal human beings. There’s no fiction here.

Editor’s Note:
Then there are the musings about life and things in general that follow these five categories.
All of the content in this book was written by Dan Fogg, except as noted as an Editor’s Note.

My opinions of the book:
First of all I want to say, I absolutely loved this short book. I laughed so hard at some points. I am sure there are those who would not like the profanity through out, but I am open to however someone wants to express their self. I found myself chuckling and enjoying the humor he found in the situations. I also enjoyed the situations that were true to life, about Daniel's feelings and outlook on certain things. There is definitely a great message through even the sarcasm. It is truly sad that his life was cut short, and we are unable to receive more writing from him. I recommend this read to anyone of a mature nature that would be understanding to the sarcasm, not offended by a few cuss words, and willing to be open minded.

I definitely will be looking forward for more of his writing being published, as well as anticipating it. This is a short book of really random thoughts, that actually we all think about I am pretty sure. Plus, he vents his feelings about certain subjects, and in the end still appreciates every minute of life. I also like at the end there is an appendix with some writing from his last semester at college before he passed, I really enjoyed his thoughts on what he had learned, and how it made him feel. I also enjoyed the second appendix showcasing some of his favorite quotes, I myself write a little, and love quotes, some of his favorites are mine also. I believe if you are looking for something different to read this is the book for you. Once you start reading it you won;t be able to put it down, you want to see what he had to say next.

You can find more information on Weirder Than Marshmallows Book of Essays by Dan Fogg at Amazon.com, and at NightFire Publications.

NightFire Publications can be found on Facebook, and you can also follow the Weirder Than Marshmallows Facebook page!

**Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Swagbucks

Z's Favorite Blogs!

Closer To Lucy photo SATS-Blog-Button-11_zps5ed0c803.jpgPhotobucket

Freebies 4 MomOurKidsMomMommy Kat and Kids photo 1239900_569272913108280_282356913_a_zps18506370.png

Enza's bargains

Free Samples, Free Stuff and Other Freebies Daily photo f04205b1-8d86-4166-9e82-3cf687946138_zps01aaf775.jpg